Korean is spoken by more than 72 million people living on the Korean peninsula. Although it differs slightly in spelling, alphabet, and vocabulary between the two regions, Korean is the official language of both South Korea and North Korea.
The Korean language has five major dialects in South Korea and one in North Korea. Despite the geographical and socio-political dialect differences, consequently Korean is relatively homogeneous, being mutually understandable among speakers from different areas
Originally written using “Hanja” (Chinese characters), Korean is now mainly spelled in “Hangul”, the Korean alphabet. While therefore “Hangul” consists of 24 letters – 14 consonants and 10 vowels – that are written in blocks of 2 to 5 characters. Unlike the Chinese writing system (including Japanese “Kanji”), “Hangul” is not an ideographic system. Therefore the shapes of the individual “Hangul” letters were designed to model the physical morphology of the tongue, palate and teeth. Up to five letters join to form a syllabic unit.
- First of all you get instant access to a 24/7 lifetime trial of Rocket Korean
- Furthermore you’ll get 6+ hours of free trial lessons, voice recognition features and more
- Be amazed at how much Korean you’ll learn in a short space of time
1. First of all Korean is the 17th most widely spoken language in the world with approx. 80 Million native speakers. South Korea is also the 13th largest economy in the world and it’s a beautiful and dynamic country. So, if you want to travel to Korea or want to study, work or do business there, you should consider learning Korean language.
2. Furthermore the Korean alphabet Hangeul is really easy to learn. You can learn it in an hour or two. All the characters are combinations of straight lines or circles. Check this cool graphics: Learn to Read Hangul in 15 Minutes.
3. Most of all the pronunciation system in Korean is not random like in English. Consequently, the relationship between the spelling and pronunciation of words is very scientific in Korean. There are very logical and scientific rules of pronunciations which may be difficult to learn in the beginning, but once you learn them the chances of pronouncing any word incorrectly are very low.
Use the Rocket Korean trial on any device
- Use it on your computer and/or the free iOS or Android apps
- Furthermore you can download the audio lessons for learning on the go
- All of your progress syncs between your devices
In addition, you can experience a variety of Korean culture classes for free!
Everyone can Learn korean with us.
- Take a placement test to match your Korean skill level to an appropriate class.
- Correct your pronunciation and intonation mistakes.
- Learn expressions that can be used in real life situations right away through our student-centered classes
- Practice conversations used in a variety of situations and topics.
- Furthermore the usage of foreign languages in class is prohibited
- Increase your confidence in Korean conversation through giving presentations!
- Make international friends through language exchange at our global parties.
- Therefore you can Learn korean authentically.
Built on practical success strategies
- Learn Korean using modern scientific learning methods
- Uses the top 7 practical success strategies successful Korean learners use
- Most of all you get the experience of over 10 years of research and development