More than 220 million people speak French on the five continents. The OIF, an international organisation of French-speaking countries, comprises 77 member States and governments. French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English, and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world.
Sign up and start learning French now
- You get instant access to a 24/7 lifetime trial of Rocket French
- You’ll get 6+ hours of free trial lessons, voice recognition features and more
- Be amazed at how much French you’ll learn in a short space of time
Use the Rocket French trial on any device
- Use it on your computer and/or the free iOS or Android apps
- You can download the audio lessons for learning on the go
- All of your progress syncs between your devices
The ability to speak French and English is an advantage on the international job market. A knowledge of French opens the doors of French companies in France and other French-speaking parts of the world (Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, and the continent of Africa). As the world’s fifth biggest economy and third-ranking destination for foreign investment, France is a key economic partner. French is the international language of cooking, fashion, theatre, the visual arts, dance and architecture. A knowledge of French offers access to great works of literature in the original French, as well as films and songs. French is the language of Victor Hugo, Molière, Léopold Sendar Senghor, Edith Piaf, Jean-Paul Sartre, Alain Delon and Zinedine Zidane.