Rocket Sign-language; The Award Winning System That Gets You Speaking Sign-language & Loving Sign-language Culture
Learn Sign Language with the online Sign Language course that’s used by over 1,200,000 people, just like you, to master Sign Language
What is American Sign Language?
American Sign Language (ASL) is a complete, complex language that employs signs made by moving the hands combined with facial expressions and postures of the body. It is the primary language of many North Americans who are deaf and is one of several communication options used by people who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Is sign language the same in other countries?
No one form of sign language is universal. Different sign languages are used in different countries or regions. For example, British Sign Language (BSL) is a different language from ASL, and Americans who know ASL may not understand BSL.
Where did ASL originate?
The exact beginnings of ASL are not clear, but some suggest that it arose more than 200 years ago from the intermixing of local sign languages and French Sign Language (LSF, or Langue des Signes Française).Today’s ASL includes some elements of LSF plus the original local sign languages, which over the years have melded and changed into a rich, complex, and mature language. Modern ASL and modern LSF are distinct languages and, while they still contain some similar signs, can no longer be understood by each other’s users.
- You get instant access to a 24/7 lifetime trial of Rocket Sign Language
- You’ll get 6+ hours of free trial lessons, voice recognition features and more
- Be amazed at how much Sign Language you’ll learn in a short space of time
Use the Rocket Sign Language trial on any device
- Use it on your computer and/or the free iOS or Android apps
- You can download the audio lessons for learning on the go
- All of your progress syncs between your devices
Built on practical success strategies
- Learn Sign Language using modern scientific learning methods
- Uses the top 7 practical success strategies successful Sign Language learners use
- You get the experience of over 10 years of research and development